Who is Eligible
You may be eligible for compensation if you are the victim or surviving family member of a victim of one of the following crimes that occurred in the jurisdiction of Hawai‘i:
- Murder I or II
- Negligent Homicide I or II
- Negligent Injury I or II
- Assault I, II or III
- Sexual Assault I, II, III or IV
- Abuse of a Family or Household Member
- International Terrorism (a Hawai‘i resident who is a victim of international terrorism)
AND you are:
- A victim who was injured as a result of the crime
- A person responsible for the maintenance of the victim who has suffered monetary loss because of the victim’s death or injury.
- A person engaged in business or educational activity at the scene of a mass casualty (mental health counseling expenses only).
- A relative of a deceased victim who has incurred medical or funeral expenses as the result of the victim’s death or injury.
- A dependent of a deceased victim.